VSPI is a licensed life settlement broker that facilitates the purchase of existing life insurance policies from individuals, businesses, trusts and non-profit organizations.
The President and founder of VSPI is Stephen M. Watson, Esq. Before founding VSPI, Mr. Watson practiced law in the areas of wills, trusts and estates, and real estate. In his practice of law, Mr. Watson was responsible for millions of dollars of clients' escrowed funds, and dealt with clients on a confidential and compassionate basis. Mr. Watson now brings his knowledge and expertise to work for clients who wish to sell life insurance policies.
Mr. Watson received his Law Degree from Washington & Lee University (J.D., '86), and earned his Undergraduate Degree from the University of Virginia (B.A., '82). Mr. Watson has written extensively on the subject of life and viatical settlements, and is a frequent lecturer on the subject.
Through VSPI, Mr. Watson brings professional knowledge, insight and judgment to work for you through the life settlement process. Mr. Watson has facilitated life settlement transactions for individuals and businesses with life insurance policies ranging from $50,000 to $50,000,000.
Articles published by or featuring Mr. Watson include:
1. Key-Man Opportunities in the Secondary Market, The Life Settlement Sales Resource, The Leading Guide for the Sale of In-Force Life Policies, by David Port
2. Viatical Settlements, The Life Insurance Answer Book for Qualified Plans and Estate Planning, Third Edition, Gary S. Lesser and Lawrence C. Starr, Editors
3. Unlocking Key Assets, Senior Market Advisor Magazine
4. 'Key man' Policies Can Be Sold, Metro Business Monthly
5. Viatical Settlements: Breathing Life into Death Benefits, Trusts and Estates Newsletter, Virginia State Bar
6. Terminally Ill Clients Have New Financial Option, Virginia Lawyers Weekly
7. Viatical Settlements: A Financial Tool for the Elderly, Senior Lawyer News, Senior Lawyers Section of the Virginia State Bar
8. Viatical Settlements: A New Way to Help Pay for Long-term Medical Expenses, Mature Life Magazine